If you have any questions regarding your Xeo or encounter any problems please also review the Xeo User Manual
General InformationHow do I retrieve the unlock PIN or the CCR PIN of my Xeo?
If you have lost the unlock PIN or the CCR PIN of your Xeo and need to re-enter it (e.g. after a software update) you can retrieve it by logging in at Update Owner Info.
You will need to provide your email address, the password you chose when registering your unit as well as your unit's serial number. You will then be able to see your PIN at the very top above your contact information.
Our computers are configured for open circuit diving as well as closed circuit diving.
- If you want to unlock the CCR capabilities of your computer you will need to buy a CCR unlock code from us or from one of our dealers
- You will then receive a card with a scratchable field on it. Scratching that field will reveal an alphanumeric code.
- Log into your account on Update Owner Info. You will need to provide your email address, the password you chose when registering your unit as well as your unit's serial number.
- When you are logged in you will see an option at the very bottom called "Unlock Xeo CCR Functionality". Enter the alphanumeric code from your scratchcard into the first field and your unit's serial number in the second field.
- After submitting that information you will receive a 9 digit numerical PIN, you will also receive a confirmation email with that PIN.
- Tap into your unit and enter that nine digit numerical PIN under "Preferences" --> "Enter CCR PIN".
- To configure your Xeo for CCR diving you will have to set its dive mode to CCR under "Dive Planning" --> "Dive Setup"
Xeos with serial numbers 1251 and higher can use 3.6V lithium 17335M disposable batteries as well as 3.6V lithium ICR16340 rechargeable batteries. These units have a white battery holder.
Xeos with serial numbers 1250 and lower which have a black battery holder will only work with 3.6V lithium ER14335M batteries. However, these units can be upgraded to the white battery holder for a fee of $99 (North America, incl. return shipping) or $129 (International, incl. return shipping).
For the different battery options that are available please review our battery information chart.
The ER17335M batteries can provide up to 92 hours of dive time with your unit (low brightness, green font, battery used within a month of initial use), although 40-60 hours is more typical.
The older ER14335M batteries can last up to 46 hours, however 20-30 hours is more typical.
The life of your battery greatly depends on various factors such as the colours you choose, the brightness and refresh rate you set your display to, the water temperature etc. You can find a detailed overview of the factors that influence your battery life and how to optimize it on our battery information page.
Please watch this instructional film on how to replace your unit's battery.
Every time when you replace your battery you should inspect the O-Ring as well. If the O-Ring looks dry or cracked you should replace it. You can find detailed instruction on how to replace your O-Ring in our instructonal film.
The Xeo is CE tested and certified to a depth of 200 meters (656 feet). Any submersions or pressurizations beyond this depth will void the warranty.
The Xeo comes with straps attached, as well as a bungee which you can install yourself. In addition to that you will find a quick start guide inside the box as well as two batteries for your unit (the unit only needs one battery, but we included two so you already have a spare one).
We offer a two year warranty on the Xeo. If you have problems with your unit you can contact your dealer who will be able to help you or you can contact us directly. If your unit is out of warranty you may still contact us and we might be able to help you and repair or replace your unit for a fee.
The Xeo is our tec-rec trimix/ccr computer. The X1 on the other is our expedition grade trimix/ccr computer and the Xen is out bottom timer.
To get more information about the main features and differences of our units you can review our comparison chart here.
Xeo TroubleshootingAt the end of the installation process I see six "PASS" and one "FAIL" in the uploader.
When updating your unit's software you should either see seven "PASS" or six "PASS" and one "FAIL" at the end of the uploading process followed by "resetting your dive computer". In both cases your software will have installed properly and everything should work just fine.
To verify that the install succeeded pick up your unit, enter the main menu, and go to Preferences->Status, and the software version should be the same as the version that you tried to install (i.e. 2.52).
When connecting your unit to your Mac or your PC whether for updating the software or for downloading your dives please make sure that:
- If you have a PC: The drivers and our software is installed.
If you have a Mac: Our software is installed on your Mac (no need to install the drivers)
You can find download and installation instructions here.
- Your unit is aligned properly with your PC Interface
- Your unit's battery is not empty
- If it doesn't work immediately, rearrange the unit and the PC Interface a little and try again
If you have trouble updating your unit's software please make sure you followed the steps outlined above. If you are still having trouble we compiled documents with detailed instructions for PC Owners and for Mac Owners.
This is an emergency feature of the Xeo which kicks in when the battery is about to die. All you have to do is replace the dead battery with a fresh one, and your Xeo display will return to normal.
When downloading your dives please make sure you follow the procedure outlined above under questions 2 and 3.
Also when initiating the download of your dives you have to tap into your unit and select "Connect to PC" in the main menu. After that place your unit on your desk and align it properly to the PC Interface. You have about 20 seconds from when you tapped "Connect to PC" to start the download process on your computer. If you take too long the operation will timeout and you will have to try again.